The Women’s Cycle Tour with Aviva will commence on Thursday 18th June and large crowds are expected to come out for this event, founded in March 2013 the Women’s Tour has grown successfully year after year. Last year brought in a whopping £600,000 in revenue for Tendring, will this year top that? In the UK alone there is a staggering 44 million kilometres that have been covered by female cyclists, this is an inspiring growth in female membership, showing an increase in cycling popularity across the UK.
Communciation Specialists have been involved with many cycling events across the UK over the past 10 years so we are very proud to be involved with the Women’s Tour for 2015. Three of Communication Specialist’s engineers will be on site for the 5 stages, installing Motorola DM 3600 and Motorola GM 340 to event cars as well as supplying 160 handhelds to team members, security etc. This event will be a mixture of Motorola, DP3400, CP040 and GP340.
The Aviva Women’s Tour will compromise of five stages and Strava are once again awarding the official Strava Queen of the Mountains, riders will battle for ponts at two designated climbs on each stage of the race. The stages are:
- Stage 1: Angel Hill, Bury St Edmond’s, Suffolk
- Stage 2: Market Place, Braintree, Essex
- Stage 3: Market Place, Oundle, Northamptonshire
- Stage 4: Waltham Cross, Broxbourne
- Stage 5: High Street, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
The Aviva Women’s Tour is Britain’s only international level stage race for women in the UK, taking place from 17th to 21st June 2015, and they offer a range of hospitality options, the options depend on whether you visit a start or finishing location, some of the hospitality options available are:
- Exclusive views of the finish line
- An official Aviva Women’s Tour programme
- A buffet lunch made with locally sourced produce
- Complimentary Adnams bar
- Costa Express coffee available throughout the duration of your stay
- Hostess and waiting staff to ensure the smooth running of your day
The Aviva Women’s Tour, the UK’s leading international ranked stage-race for the world’s top female cyclists, taking place 17 – 21 June 2015. Covering nearly 600km!
Please view the video page below which will take you to the Women’s Tour website
Womens Tour Videos
You can also view the race on ITV4 at 20:00 during the event and it will also be available on ITV player for 30 days.
Newsletter Sign Up