Rwanda HF & VHF Radio Training
- Post by: cs_wp01
- Comments 0
Communication Specialists have been busy at the start of 2016 as we sent an engineer out to Rwanda to provide some training for our existing clients Rwanda Airlines and to meet up with new customers who require HF and VHF radio equipment, the training for Rwanda Airlines was held in Kigali.
Our training consisted of:
- HF – Safety awareness (including the hazards related to happy fuse board)
- Propagation theory fundamentals, mobile and base station installation fundamentals
- Importance of grounding especially on HF bands
- Codan Envoy X2 configuration and programming at the semi-advanced level
- Installation and operation of Codan Envoy x2 radio station
- VHF Televawe duplexers – theory and practical tuning exercises
At the heart of every radio installation is an antenna and during our visit, we demonstrated how to assemble a 1kW Codan HF dipole antenna and protect against weather conditions.
VHF – DMR technology fundamentals, Motorola DMR 4000 Series mobiles, hand portables & MTR3000 repeaters basic configuration and programming. Fundamentals of wide area coverage network like IP site connect and MTR3000 troubleshooting.
During our visit to Kigali, we paid a visit to our existing customer Rwandair airline. We proposed some changes in their HF frequency planning and provided short training on frequency prediction tools.
Further tests were carried out on the High Power 1kW base radio and analysed the antenna. We noticed a presence of strong interference coming from new HID taxi area lighting that is visible as red patterns. More action is now required to eliminate this problem for Rwanda airline, this story is most definitely to be continued!
We have a selection of images from our Rwanda trip that we would like to share with you, join us on Facebook and share our journey